Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Black and White Floral Birthday Card

Good morning! How is everyone doing getting back into the routine? Since we homeschool, yesterday was our big day to get started again - and as usual, things rolled a little slowly at first. I worked on this a little bit here and there all morning in between helping them with their schooling - and really love how it came out!


I made this with a few challenges in mind - first up, the photo inspiration from this weeks Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Winter Wonder:


And then the lovely challenge at Virginia's View Challenge - Clean Slate:


Finally, this weeks Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make New Friends But Keep the Old (I used a brand new stamp set, and one I have already used several times):


I started off by heat embossing several images from the Altenew set called Lacy Scrolls - so intricate and pretty! I fussy cut them out, then adhered the flowers with foam adhesive to my front panel of two shades of Simon Says Gray cardstock, and tucked a couple of the scrolls in there as well. Stamped my sentiment from a new Altenew set I just got called Halftone Hello. Added a few black sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and some pattern paper from American Crafts to finish it off. I love how elegant and classy it feels with the simple black and white color scheme!


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! Love those white embossed flowers. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful....love the embossing on vellum and your fussy cutting!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call - Winter Wonder!

    ReplyDelete