Thursday, August 28, 2014

Wishing you a...Merry Christmas

Good morning! Yes...I did just post that! I know it seems a little crazy to think of that - but I was inspired by the challenge over on the Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Blog for the Holiday Cards & More Linky party. This is the amazing issue...and I am oh-so-excited to have SEVEN projects published in it's pages!  


This is actually a card I submitted WAY back last spring for Stamping Royalty. I ended up winning in a different category - but for one reason or another, I never got around to sharing this card. I was making this about the same time I was submitting Christmas cards for Holiday Cards and More, so it seemed fitting to share it now! :-)


I actually put a LOT into this card! I worked hard to build it just how I was picturing it in my head - and was super happy with how it came out! I started off by using a strip of washi tape to mask off the top of my card. I used the branch stamp from Neat and Tangled's Simple Christmas stamp set to build the greenery - stamping first with watermark ink and embossing with green embossing powder, then stamping over in the darker green ink. The bow and pine cone were from the same set, stamped and heat embossed on kraft, then fussy cut out.


I built the sentiment using My Craft Spot's Joy Filled Christmas stamp set. I had to cut a bit of one of the sentiments apart to make it say what I wanted it to - and heat embossed that as well. I added a bit of gold thread, then attached the pine cone and bow over the top with foam adhesive, and matted it in white then red cardstock. Added some strips of gold washi tape to my card base, attached the front panel with foam adhesive, then finished off with a couple of enamel dots.


I am linking this up with this weeks Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes:


Also linking this up with this weeks Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty and loving
    all the layers and work
    on it! Congrats on getting
    in the book!!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. It's really not too early to be thinking of Christmas cards.
    thanks for sharing a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this in our challenge, Heather. I am SO blessed and so very grateful to have you share your time and talents with us. I'm always inspired.
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, and congrats on your submissions too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, beautiful Christmas card, love the touch of gold in the background.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome in every way. Love the stamping, incorporated by embossing. Everything is perfectly placed. Totally beautiful! Thanks for blessing us with your project for our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday...Please join us again in a new Challenge starting today. Leaving you with God's Word in Isaiah 40:8, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever." Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete