Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sheep Shaped Card

Just have to laugh a little at that title - Sheep Shaped Card - say that 3 times fast, huh? Anyway - I guess that describes what it is pretty perfectly!


I made this to play along with a couple of challenges - first of all, Virginia's View Challenge #6 - Shape Card:


I also wanted to play along with the current Little Tangles Challenge - Happy Birthday (the sentiment stamp and sequins are both from Little Tangles!):


And finally - Simon Says Work It Wednesday Challenge - Blue (The card base is blue cardstock, and the background of the floral is blue - even though it is hard to tell in the photos!):



For this card I used my Silhouette Cameo to weld together my card shape with a cut file from the Silhouette store. I used some Basic Grey floral paper to create the body of the sheep and some Simon Says Stamp Grey cardstock for the face. I inked the edges of both of those with distress ink, and added some machine stitching around the outside of the sheep's body, then attached the head and eyes each with foam adhesive for some dimension. Hand trimmed a banner to stamp my sentiment from A Long Time Ago with MFT ink, then attached it to look like the sheep is holding it in its mouth. Finished off with a pre-made bow I had in my stash, and some Crystal Clear sequins. It is hard to see in the photos, but I also added Glossy Accents to the eyes for a bit of shine!


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Ingenious design, Heather! This sheep shape card makes me smile so big...it's absolutely adorable! This challenge really show off what a versatile of a card maker you are! Thank you, Heather! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I love it! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable in every way! The pattern choice is perfect as is the bow. The other details I love are the machine stitching and the placement of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE card ... I'm humming the Shaun The Sheep theme now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sheep i sooooo cool! Great idea. Thanks for playing along with Little Tangles and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete