Monday, March 31, 2014

Masculine Thank You Card - MCS Challenge

Good morning! It is new challenge time at My Craft Spot! This week the challenge theme is Thank You Cards or Gifts. I had a request to make 20 thank you cards in a neutral or masculine theme recently, so this is one of the ones I made recently:


I used a car image from a Unity Stamp set I had, and stamped my sentiment from My Craft Spot's Thank You Stamp set - LOVE all the great mix of fonts on this set, and how it can be used for feminine and masculine cards:


The image and sentiments were heat embossed in black on vellum. I thought the shine effect went great with the car image!


I used a Tim Holtz stencil and two different colors of distress ink on my background, moving the stencil between colors. Attached the vellum panel with a couple of staples in opposite corners.


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you will join our challenge this week!!!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Heather!! I love the cool background you created and I love your vintage car image! So pretty!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this is such a lovely card! The embossed image is fantastic and I LOVE that you used vellum! I need to use more vellum. :o) The stenciled background looks marvelous. Wonderfully done! (And I'm not surprised you had a request for so many cards! Your work is always lovely.)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete