Thursday, February 20, 2014

Teen Boy Birthday Card - Unity Challenge

Good morning! I needed a birthday card for my nephew that is turning 14 (YIKES - where did the time go?!?!?) - so I thought I would take the opportunity to play along with the Unity {be inspired} Challenge as well. Here is my card:


Here are the colors - I only used the top 4, and then threw in a bit of black:


I used the June 2013 SMAK kit for the ink splats - aren't they fabulous? So perfect for a guy card! I stamped them in 3 colors of Memento Luxe pigment ink.


Over the top, I stamped my sentiment from the January 2014 KOTM, as well as those little star clusters.


Finished off by trimming and matting that panel in black, with a couple of rounded corners, then mounted it flat on a card base of Avery Elle Silver Fox cardstock - a really pretty soft gray that added the perfect touch of contrast. Then couldn't resist adding just a few sequins! 


My husband approved it as a good guy card - and since those are usually some of the most difficult, I'm happy! Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!


3 comments:

  1. Love all that splatter and the rounded corners too. Great idea for a guy card. I'll have to keep this in mind to try sometime. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the splatters of color. It does make a great guy card. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love the paint splatters!!

    ReplyDelete